Government Open Data has already transformed many aspects of our lives. It is an exciting new field where governments are better able to connect with their citizens, leveraging new trends in technology, while improving transparency and accountability.
For someone new to this field, it can be easy to get lost in the myriad of niche writings. It can take time and effort to piece together the who, what, why and how. This book was written to address that.
In Open Data 101 you will:
- Quickly get up to speed what open data is and why it is important
- Understand the critical success factors for open data projects
- Learn the key policy and strategy considerations unique to open data
- Gain insights from leading research condensed from hundreds of articles
- Find relevant recommended online resources
This book is written for those who work for government, in a leadership, policy or senior management role, and who are looking to unlock the value of Government Open Data.